Students are introduced to the fundamentals of interaction design, pervasive, ubiquitous, multi-modal, and physical digital environments.
An overview of concepts, visions and arguments for extending conventional interaction techniques are given, with examples of applications, implementation techniques are introduced and a design and development assignment is accomplished using a selection of technologies.
During the course students work in small groups to come through design and development process from idea of interactive application to implementation of its functional prototype.
The objectives are:
- to introduce the fundamentals of interaction design;
- to explore mobile platforms, including alternative input and output technologies.
Students are expected to:
- develop an initial understanding of interaction design;
- understand the main theoretical frameworks of interaction design;
- acquire conceptual and technical knowledge, enabling design and implementation of interactive projects based on computing technologies.
Course nominal amount is 4 ECTS.
The materials for this course are compiled with the assistance of the Tiger University Program of the Estonian Information Technology Foundation.