After our inspiring trip to Skype it’s time to think about relatively new profession — Interaction and UX designer. It’s new, it’s trendy, it’s everywhere… You would be performing as one during our next two weeks, so it’s time to pop the question “Who on Earth is it?!”
Let’s find out:
Homework / Tue 14.7
Think of a general, “raw” problem(s) that you can relate to and that you would like to work on during this course.
Be ready to verbally pitch-describe it/them tomorrow (1-2 min).
Why are we doing this?
- We will discuss and frame these problems together.
- Some of the problems will be selected for workshop’s team work.
- Teams will create a prototype of a digital solution for the selected and refined problem.
Few questions to help you to outline a problem statement/an idea. You do not need to answer all of these questions or come up with a solution yet! It’s just something to inspire your creative thinking.
- How the problem currently occurs?
- What happens now, precisely?
- In what environment/context?
- Do you think other people have experienced this same thing?
- How this problem make people feel?
- How would they go about it?
- Is there a workaround?
- If there is some sort of solution…
- what is annoying, irritating, bad… in it?
- If money and technology would not be a problem, what would be an ideal solution?
“I often find myself frustrated about what to do with my car; I have no idea when to take it to repairment or where it could be done fast enough… etc.”