The accelerating hands-on introduction tutorial provides an overview on practical and fundamental approaches for rapid prototyping and low-fidelity testing of application concepts for web and mobile. The event is open for invited students (up to 35 participants). For further information, please contact Katri Tammsaar email@example.com.
Might be subjected to changes.
Part 1 “Diving into new IxD project”
– Hands-on research for concept phase; introduction to personas and scenarios
Part 2 “Making a first prototype”
– From scenarios to paper prototyping
– Team work – making a simple paper prototype
Part 3 “Testing first prototype”
– About testing paper prototypes
– Team work – testing paper prototypes with colleagues
Address: Chodakowska 19/31, 03-815 Warsaw
Time: 16:00 – 19:30 (3,5 hours)
The level of the tutorial
This hands-on tutorial provides
- an overview of practical approaches for rapid prototyping and
- testing of low-fidelity application concepts for web and mobile
Participants will become familiar with key user-centered interaction design approaches, including:
- paper prototyping
- usability testing of low-fidelity prototypes
Upon completion, participants will be:
- more acquainted with practical usage of such approaches and
- more confident in expressing and testing their application ideas
The tutorial is suitable for everyone interested in experimenting with practical low-fidelity prototyping in collaborative and friendly tutorial atmosphere, and getting familiar with the first steps of iterative interaction design process. As this tutorial is aimed for beginner and intermediate level, no specific background is required.
Materials and devices
Connected devices (e.g. laptops or tablets with possibility to connect to local wi-fi) can be useful, but are not necessary. Presenters will provide materials for low fidelity prototyping, e.g. paper, pens, pencils, markers, post-it notes, tapes, scissors, etc.